Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

S'Mores Cups


CJ and I decided recently that when we make extremely delicious dishes or desserts, we should share them with you!

A couple of months ago, I saw a friend pin this recipe and I've been meaning to try it out myself. For those of you who don't already know this, I'm obsessed with s'mores. They remind me of when I was growing up and we used to go camping in Long Beach, Washington. Late at night, my parents would go to sleep and it would just be me, my sister, and her husband. Those were my favorite parts of the camping trips because I got to spend time with them and hear fun stories from them growing up (way back in the day... just kidding Katie! ;-) ). It especially meant a lot to me after we moved to California and didn't see each other as often.

I've tried many version of s'mores - some delicious and some disappointing. I love s'mores cupcakes from Kara's Cupcakes, but I've had some pretty bad s'mores cupcakes before. I've made s'mores over the grill (yes, that's how determined I am) which worked pretty well but still wasn't the same as a campfire. This recipe however, is the closest I've been able to get to a s'more without having to set up a fire in my backyard. They are also extremely easy to make!!

Here's the recipe and a few pictures from my first (quite successful) attempt.

So delicious!

Ingredients:

7  
whole graham crackers (1 cup/250 mL finely crushed)
1/4  
cup (50 mL) powdered sugar
6  
tbsp (90 mL) butter, melted
4  
bars (1.55 oz or 43 g each) milk chocolate candy, divided
12  
large marshmallows

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag. Finely crush into crumbs using roller. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter in Small Batter Bowl. Using small scoop, place scant scoop of crumb mixture in each cup of mini-muffin pan. Press crumb to form shallow cups with mini-tart shaper. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling. Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. Remove pan from over; place one rectangle into each cup.
  2. Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using professional shears dipped in cold water. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return to over 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.
  3. Break remaining candy bars and melt in double boiler. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes-1 hour or until set.
Yield: 24 cups


Can't wait to make these again!
They turned out so well that I didn't really want to share them with anyone beyond CJ and myself. But, because I know my boss has a sweet tooth, I brought in 4 for her. She said they were the most delicious dessert she's ever tasted. Success! I plan on making another batch so I can share some next time :)

2 comments:

  1. How about you and CJ just make them for me???? I've been seeing lots of friends posting this on Facebook and they look so delicious!!! And now that you're two are experts, I'll be waiting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.....one word...YUM!!!!
    Campfire S'mores are the best! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!

If you don't want to log into an account to comment, select "Name/URL" from the drop down options.