Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cord Frenzy

When our entertainment center arrived, we quickly filled it with all of our electronics - cable box, video game consoles, internet router, etc. - but immediately noticed that the cord situation was out of control. Of course, it was good to get all of the materials off the floor (because that was driving me bonkers) but I knew that the cords needed to be covered up somehow. I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of seeing cords all over the place. I'm anti-clutter and cords everywhere is not my idea of clutter-free.

The "Before" with the out of control cords
We decided to do a mini-arts & crafts project to cover it up. We popped over to our neighborhood Jo-Ann Fabrics and bought one foam poster board and a yard of black fabric (to blend in with the back of the shelf.

I wish I took photos of the process but it's so easy! Here's what I did:

  1. Measured the shelves
  2. Cut the foam board to fit within the shelves (take off about a 1/4-1/2 inch from the height depending on how many cords to have, the cords will slide under the board)
  3. Cut a small triangle on the top of the board (this will make it easier to pull the board out if you ever need to remove it)
  4. Cut the fabric to be about 1 inch larger than the size of the board 
  5. Glue the fabric to the back of the board (I used regular super glue)
  6. Let it dry and BAM! You're done
It literally took me about 15 minutes but made a world of difference. 

Here's the final result! I didn't cover up all of the cords but I was able to cover up the majority of them.

The "After"!


And zoomed out a bit:


Now we just need to figure out what to put on top of it! I've been doing research and there are so many cute ideas! Just need to find items that are a good price :)



1 comment:

  1. I can bring a framed picture of myself that would go perfectly on top of the entertainment center, haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!

If you don't want to log into an account to comment, select "Name/URL" from the drop down options.